With DojoExpert plugin you can add members list, member profiles and competition results list on your WordPress website. It’s easy, here are the steps:
1) Download DojoExpert plugin and install it in your WordPress website.
2) Go to “settings” and click “DojoExpert” to enter plugin settings as shown on this picture:
Here you must set 3 parameters:
- Member page URL – it’s the URL of your page in WordPress where you will put the member lists. This is important if you want your member list to be clickable and display member profile page on click. In above example on our test page the member page is http://test.dojoexpert.com/members/ so the member page URL is /members/? (add question mark on the end)
- User – this is your DojoExpert username
- Language ID – leave this to default 1.
3) To add a member list page, create a page or post with permalink URL you specified in step #2. Then in editor notice two extra buttons, “M” (for members list) and “R” (for result list). Click the “M” button to add members list and a popup will appear asking you to enter parameters “Dojo ID” and “Member ID”.
If you have more then one dojo defined in DojoExpert then with the “Dojo ID” (that you can find in your DojoExpert account) you can list only members of particular dojo. If you want to list all members (all have just 1 dojo) leave this parameter blank. Set the “Member ID” parameter if you want to create a page for just one member (enter the UID of that member), but if you want to list all members, leave this parameter blank. So in our example, both parameters should be blank and after clicking the “OK” button the code will appear in page/post body:
[memberlist dojoid=”” id=””/]
Save the page and see how it looks:
As you can see, the list your members will appear and if you have set the “member page URL” parameter in 1st step correctly, they will be clickable leading to members profile page. Live example here: http://test.dojoexpert.com/members/
Important: the member list lists only members who have the “show” option set to true in DojoExpert. Find this “show” checkbox under the member picture in your DojoExpert manager. This way you can decide who you want to show publicly on the list and who will remain hidden.
4) To add a results page, create a new page or post and click the “R” icon in the editor. In popup you can set the year for which you want to show results. For example you can create a page that looks like this:
In above example we have set the year parameter to 2011 and below the code we created links to previous years results, pages created with different year parameter inserted. The result is the list of competition results with member names clickable:
Or see it live here: http://test.dojoexpert.com/results/
Don’t forget to check out the student login module on same test website: http://test.dojoexpert.com/login/
This is not done via WordPress plugin, but with iframe. Find the code in your DojoExpert account under “Settings” –> “Modules”.